Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Proxy: ObjectNotExistException after 10 seconds

Hello,

I'm using an ice service running on Ice Grid and I want to invoke a method by my ice client. This works if the time between one call and the next call is not longer then ten seconds!
If the delay is more than ten seconds I get an ObjectNotExistException..
What is the problem here?

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi

Which method do you invoke? If you have created a client or administrative session with IceGrid, it's important that you keep alive this session by calling the keepAlive method on the session object returned by IceGrid. IceGrid won't destroy objects allocated for your client as long as the session is kept alive.

See IceGrid client sessions and IceGrid administrative sessions for more information.

You can also configure the session timeout used by the IceGrid registry using the IceGrid.Registry.SessionTimeout property.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • benoit wrote: »
    Hi

Which method do you invoke? If you have created a client or administrative session with IceGrid, it's important that you keep alive this session by calling the keepAlive method on the session object returned by IceGrid. IceGrid won't destroy objects allocated for your client as long as the session is kept alive.

See IceGrid client sessions and IceGrid administrative sessions for more information.

You can also configure the session timeout used by the IceGrid registry using the IceGrid.Registry.SessionTimeout property.

Cheers,
    Benoit.

thank you for your answer. We do not use any sessions.. The Problem was, that there was manually implemented a timeout of ten seconds in the ice service, because if the connection between service and client gets lost and the client wants to reconnect to the server it won't work because there is still the old connection. So the server disposes all connections which seem to be old (no invokation within ten seconds) so that the client can connect again..