Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

how to use ice in windows phone 8 platform

Hi,

I've known that neither Ice nor Ice-E supports Windows Phone 8. But if I can compile it with source code? Does it need some thirdpart libararies which are supported for windows phone 8? How should I do? Any suggest?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
--steven

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

We indeed don't support Windows Phone 8 yet. The easiest path to try to compile Ice for this platform is probably to try compiling Ice 3.5.1 with the Windows Runtime (WinRT) support for Windows 8. See the Building Ice from Source documentation from the release notes for more information on how to build Ice.

If you have a commercial demand for this platform, we could also consider adding support for it.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • benoit wrote: »
    Hi,

We indeed don't support Windows Phone 8 yet. The easiest path to try to compile Ice for this platform is probably to try compiling Ice 3.5.1 with the Windows Runtime (WinRT) support for Windows 8. See the Building Ice from Source documentation from the release notes for more information on how to build Ice.

If you have a commercial demand for this platform, we could also consider adding support for it.

Cheers,
    Benoit.

Thank you for prompt reply.

Actually I want to use ice for .net to develop an application which is written in C# code. But so far as I know, Ice for WinRT is for C++ code. I wonder how I can comile Ice for .net for windows phone 8.

Thanks in advance.
    Best Regards,
    --steven
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Sorry, we do not support yet the .NET Framework for the Windows Phone Runtime. If you have a commercial demand for this platform / language, please contact us at info@zeroc.com

Cheers,
    Benoit.