Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

where is ice35_vc90.lib?

Hi!
My projects must be developed using vc++2008 and ice 3.5.0, I can find ice35_vc90.dll in ice installation directory, but where is ice35_vc90.lib? ask for help!

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Ice 3.5 doesn't support Visual Studio 2008 for C++ development, ice35_vc90.dll it's only there to support the Ice for PHP run-time.

You need to use one of the supported platforms
  • xdm wrote: »
    Ice 3.5 doesn't support Visual Studio 2008 for C++ development, ice35_vc90.dll it's only there to support the Ice for PHP run-time.

You need to use one of the supported platforms

Ice35_vc90.dll was compiled with VC++2008, why not provide the corresponding lib? Then, I was able to compile the ice3.5.0 source code to obtain ice35_vc90.lib, please?
  • Who can answer my questions, thanks
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    As Jose explained, we don't provide this import library with our Windows binary distribution because as of Ice 3.5, we don't support C++ development with Visual Studio 2008.

We do however provide the full source code for Ice, including build system and test suite. Although we don't support this compiler for C++ development, you should be able to build Ice for C++ from sources with Visual Studio 2008 and generate both DLLs and import libraries.

We certainly recommend that you use a supported C++ compiler with Ice for C++, such as Visual Studio 2010 with Ice 3.5.

Best regards,
    Bernard
  • I See. Thank you for your suggestions, I will try!