Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Glacier2 with Dynamic AdapterID Filtering

Hi,

I'm trying to introduce Glacier2 into our ecosystem of ICE services, but I would like to restrict Glacier2 to a specific subset of adapter IDs (matching a certain string).

Our adapter IDs look like: MyService.SomeHost.SomeSubService

I would like to do dynamic filtering in glacier2 such that I REJECT requests to any adatper going to MyProtectedHost (i.e. *.MyProtectedHost.*)

Any Adapter matching that would be rejected.

As far as I can see, using the SessionControl proxy with the Session Manager only allows you to ACCEPT adapters that exactly match. Is there something I'm missing that would let me achieve this?

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Sorry, there's currently no way to do this. As you discovered the filters are "exact" match filters and are only "accept" filters. Please contact us a info@zeroc.com if you are interested in the support of wildcard reject filters, this is something we could consider adding if you have a commercial demand for it.

Another option would be to change a bit your client-services interactions. If you use Glacier2, your clients could interact with their session to request access to services before using those services. The session implementation would add the service adapter ID to the session control adapter ID set to let the client invoke on the service and if its allowed to access the requested service.

Cheers,
    Benoit.