Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

libpath failure for icepack server type java-icebox

I seem to have a failure of icepack to set the CLASSPATH with the libpath attribute of the server element with type java-icebox. For now I'm going to use a workarround.
tim...

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    When posting a bug report, please always provide details about your environment:
    • Ice version
    • Operating system version
    • Compiler/JDK version
    It would also be helpful in this case to see your server descriptor.

Take care,
    - Mark
  • Originally posted by mes
    When posting a bug report, please always provide details about your environment:
    • Ice version
    • Operating system version
    • Compiler/JDK version
    It would also be helpful in this case to see your server descriptor.

Take care,
    - Mark

Err ya I usually do, but I was real annoyed, my build/deploy system has too many holes in it right now and too many things going wrong. It turns out that the libpath lives in the application discriptor, not the server discriptor. The tages with the same name confused me. It also does not seem logical that platform specific material lives in this file (application). Right now my remote nodes generate the server discriptor based on local information via a shell script and for the most part seems to work well, confining the generated information to one file.

application.xml
    <application>
    <node name="thistle" basedir="${basedir}">
    <server name="thistle" descriptor="crayon-server.xml" libpath="../classes"/>
    </node>
    </application>

server.xml (generated)
    <server kind="java-icebox" endpoints="default" basedir="../service" libpath="/home/mtim/umass/crayon/release/node/../classes" >
    <vm-option>-Dpython.home=/usr/share/jython</vm-option>
    <vm-option>-Dpython.path=../lib/python:/usr/share/jython/Lib:/usr/lib/python2.1</vm-option>
    <vm-option>-Dpython.cachedir=/home/mtim/umass/crayon/release/node/jython-cache</vm-option>
    <service name="crayon.agent.BaseAgent" descriptor="crayon.agent.BaseAgent.xml"/>
    </server>

oh, and as you can see I'm using jython :-)
    so the above example does not work since the libpath in the application clobbers the classpath, including the Ice.jar. I think I'm going to manage it via the <env> directives but I've been having problems with large classpaths

a striped down version works fine now.

Ice 1.4.0/IceJ 1.4.0 built from source

debian sid-2004/06/30
    debian patched kernel 2.4.26-1 with win4lin and uml SAKS patches

java version "1.4.2-rc1"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build Blackdown-1.4.2-rc1)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build Blackdown-1.4.2-rc1, mixed mode)

gcc (GCC) 3.3.4 (Debian 1:3.3.4-2)
    may have changed since buiding ice but built a few weeks ago

Jython 2.1 on java (JIT: null)

tim...