Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

about release version

I wrote a programe with ICE1.4, now the debug version runs well, but the release version has something wrong, when run the code of Ice::InitializeWithProperties(argc,argv,properties), the debug window of VC6.0 shows:

Fist-chance exception in ICEServer.exe ( STLPORT_VC645.DLL:0XC0000005:Access Violation
Fist-chance exception in ICEServer.exe ( KERNEL.DLL:0XE06D7363:Microsoft C++ Exception)

anybody knows why?
thanks!

Comments

• bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    This shows Ice::InitializeWithProperties is raising an exception (probably an Ice exception, but it could also be a std exception). You should catch it and print it to get more information.

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • Acturally, I catched the exception of this code and show the error by "cout<< e<<endl;", but if I just run the programe in dos window, there is no any message be showed and just throw a window error message tells me some code can not read "00000000".
    If I run it in the vc6.0 IDE, it shows the messages I mentioned before, but the debug version of this programe runs very good, I am so puzzle abou it.
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Do you properly link your debug program with *d.lib libraries, and your release program with release libraries (no d suffix)?

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • yeah, I link with ice.lib and iceutil.lib, and the non-debug version STLPORT dll too, coz if you do not do so, the complier does not complete your link too.

:confused:
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    You need to use the STLPort debug libraries as well. What link error do you get with these? Do you get a link error while building the tests or demos?

Cheers,
    Bernard