Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

slice2freeze problem!!

I followed the tutorial to implement the file system, and try to get a map by:

slice2freeze -I%ICE_HOME%\slice --dict \
IdentityNodeMap,Ice::Identity,Filesys::PersistentNode \
IdenetityNodeMap \
Filesys.ice %ICE_HOME%\slice\Ice\Identity.ice

but i always got this error:

e:\\Ice-1.4.0\\slice\\Ice\\Identity.ice:13: illegal identifier `Ice': `Ice' prefix is reserved

I know 'Ice' is reserved, but I only want to make the key of my map to reuse the Slice language file, what's wrong?

Comments

• marc
    marc Florida
    Please use the option --ice, which disables the check for the Ice prefix. We added this check so that nobody accidentially uses the Ice prefix in slice code.
  • Originally posted by marc
    Please use the option --ice, which disables the check for the Ice prefix. We added this check so that nobody accidentially uses the Ice prefix in slice code.

Thanks a lot:-)
  • Ice reserves identifiers beginning with Ice (in any capitalization) for internal purposes. If you attempt to define a type with a name that starts with Ice, the compilers will complain, unless you use the --Ice option.

However, if you merely use a type whose name starts with Ice (instead of defining such a type), the compilers do not require you to use the --Ice option. For example:
    // File: Example.ice

#include <Ice/Identity.ice>
    #include <Filesystem.ice>

dictionary<Ice::Identity, Filesystem::PersistentNode> MyDict;

You can compile this with:

slice2whatever -I%ICE_HOME%\slice -I. [options...] Example.ice

In other words, the compiler only checks for definition of types beginning with Ice in the outermost file, but not in included files.

Cheers,

Michi.
  • so the long document should be update? :-)
  • I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that there is a bug in the doc? If so, could you please let me know where the error is?

Thanks,

Michi.