Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

problem about connection

Hi,

I develop a system based on ICE. It included several servers and PHP clients. After running long time, the call to server will fail and throw an exception, "WSAREFUSED". With netstat to check the net connection state, there are many connections established. I think the reason is Ice communication didn't close the connection after a page displayed. The vesion of Ice is 1.4, the version of IcePHP is 1.1.

Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• Sorry, above description is not exactly. My system is based on Apache+PHP+Ice. Apache server resides on the same machine with servers. After running several hours, an exception named by "WSANOBUFS" will be thrown and the client can not contact with the server. Under command line, I use "netstat" to check the TCP connection and many connections were established. After restarts the Apache server, everything is OK but replay after some time.

would you please give me some advices?

Thanks.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
  • Thanks you for reply.

My OS is Windows 2000 Server SP4.
  • mes
    mes California
    What state does netstat report for these connections (e.g., ESTABLISHED, TIME_WAIT, etc.)?

- Mark
  • with netstat, I find many connections are established. If I restart Apache server, some connections will be closed. It may be caused by Apache. Have any way to resolve the problem?

Thanks.
  • mes
    mes California
    Hi,

I'm seeing the same behavior on Windows 2000. Each time I use the IcePHP "hello" demo, two new connections are shown by netstat. However, I don't think this has anything to do with IcePHP. If you run your Ice server with Ice.Trace.Network=1, you should see that a new connection is opened and closed for each HTTP request. Since an Ice communicator is being created and destroyed for each request, it is very unlikely that an Ice connection remains open.

I'm still not sure what's happening, but I'll let you know if I find out anything.

Take care,
    - Mark