Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

How to realize login manager with ICE?

Hi!
I am a beginner to use ICE, i feel ICE is a powerful tool, it make my work
easy, but i dont know how to control my clients , some clients only query data ,some clients can modify data ...
in the server, how can i control clients , i need how much clients have connected, i need close some client's connection;:confused:

Comments

• marc
    marc Florida
    You can implement a session manager with Glacier, and you can also give different clients different permissions with Glacier. Have a look at the chapter about Glacier in the manual, and at the demo in demo/Glacier/session.
  • reading document......
  • I study the document , my system's clients and server in one local NET ,if i use Glacier's session manager , my system will be forced add
    a layer, if servant have some ability that manage connected clients ,my system dont need to use Glacier .
  • marc
    marc Florida
    There are many ways to handle a login manager and sessions. An exhaustive discussion of this topic could easily fill a chapter in a book (which we perhaps have to write some day :) ), so I'm afraid I need to know more details about what exactly your requirements are, otherwise it's difficult for me to give advice.
  • requirement: Server count the connected clients,and when the clients connected and disconnected ,server handle this events and report it.
    How can server handle client's connect and disconnection events,
  • marc
    marc Florida
    It cannot. There is no concept of connections at the user level of Ice. Furthermore, there is no direct relationship between connections and clients. A client can open several connections to a server, and connections may be closed and reopened transparently by both clients and servers.