Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Hello World Application Error

ICE Development guide 3.3 run time error.
if Server is not run and run client ,client application is ok,none error message. but when server is runing and start the client application,a failure message is show as follow:
who can give me some suggest?

Comments

• marc
    marc Florida
    It is impossible to give any advice with the little information you provide.

In order to help you, at a minimum we need the following information:

- The compiler version
    - The Ice version
    - A stack trace of the crash
    - The code snippet in question that causes the stack trace
  • above is a release version.
    if i build as debug, it will show some complie warning and when it run will pop the error message picture:

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'Client1 - Win32 Debug'.
    Configuration: Client1 - Win32 Debug
    Compiling...
    StdAfx.cpp
    Compiling...
    Client1.cpp
    e:\delphi\ice-1.5.1\include\ice\proxy.h(291) : warning C4541: 'dynamic_cast' used on polymorphic type 'class IceProxy::Ice::Object' with /GR-; unpredictable behavior may result
    e:\delphi\ice-1.5.1\include\ice\proxyhandle.h(76) : see reference to function template instantiation 'class IceInternal::ProxyHandle<class IceProxy::Printer> __cdecl IceInternal::checkedCastImpl(const class IceInternal::ProxyHandle<class Ice
    Proxy::Ice::Object> &)' being compiled
    Printer.cpp
    c:\documents and settings\xone\my documents\test1\client1\printer.cpp(91) : warning C4541: 'dynamic_cast' used on polymorphic type 'class IceDelegate::Ice::Object' with /GR-; unpredictable behavior may result
    c:\documents and settings\xone\my documents\test1\client1\printer.cpp(172) : warning C4541: 'dynamic_cast' used on polymorphic type 'class Ice::Object' with /GR-; unpredictable behavior may result
    e:\delphi\ice-1.5.1\include\ice\handle.h(181) : warning C4541: 'dynamic_cast' used on polymorphic type 'class Ice::Object' with /GR-; unpredictable behavior may result
    c:\documents and settings\xone\my documents\test1\client1\printer.cpp(314) : see reference to function template instantiation 'class IceInternal::Handle<class Printer> __cdecl IceInternal::Handle<class Printer>::dynamicCast(const class IceUt
    il::HandleBase<class Ice::Object> &)' being compiled
    Generating Code...
    Linking...

Client1.exe - 0 error(s), 4 warning(s)
  • marc
    marc Florida
    Your project is not set up properly, you must enable RTTI. Please consult the Visual C++ documentation for details.
  • This is my platform information:
    VC6.0 Professional version+SP5 on Windows XP
    ICE:1.5.1
  • OK!!!"Hello World " had shown.
    Thank you for your online help. thanks again!
    Sorry for i am a beginer of VC,I am very familiar with Borland c++ ,but ice is not support.:(