Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

start icepacknode manually

I want to use IcePack to deploy my service. But I need to start my server always, so I want to start server manuallly.
First, I start icepacknode server; second I start my server manually; then I start my client programme, but I catch a NoEndpointException.
How to start a icepack server manually?

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

It would be helpful to see how you start your server. If you've deployed your server with the IcePack deployment mechanism, you should make sure that the server activation mode is manual. Then you should use the configuration file generated by IcePack to start your server. This configuration file is located in a sub-directory of the IcePack node data directory (the directory configured with the IcePack.Node.Data property).

For example, if you've set IcePack.Node.Data to "/home/app/db" and your server is named "Hello", you should start your server with the following command:

$ ./server --Ice.Config=/home/app/db/servers/Hello/config/config

If this still doesn't work, please provide more information:
    * the command you're using to start your server.
    * the configuration file of the server.
    * the output of the client and server with tracing enabled using --Ice.Trace.Network=1 and --Ice.Trace.Location=1

Hope this helps!

Benoit.
  • Yes, I had tried this way, it works. But if I use the same config as the icepacknode use, it does not work, I had think it should be ok.
    Thank you!