Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Problem with php_ice

Trying to run php ice client on windows but php insists it can't find the DLL (which is total nonsense since it finds the other DLLs in the same place.)

Is there anything special that needs to be done besides just dropping the DLL into php/ext?

Stack:
php 5.0.2
Apache 1.3.31
Windows XP SP1
IcePhp 1.1.2
Ice 1.5.1

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi,

Did you build the extension yourself, or did you download the precompiled one from us? The reason I ask is that the precompiled one was built with PHP 5.0.0, so we can't guarantee that it will be binary compatible with PHP 5.0.2.

Also, are the necessary Ice libraries (ice15.dll, iceutil15.dll, slice15.dll) in a location that can be found by PHP (or more specifically, by Apache)?

Take care,
    - Mark
  • It's the 1.1.2 VC70 build. Ice-1.5.1/bin is in the path but I don't know where apache looks for DLLs under windows. Just for kicks, I rolled back to php 5.0.0 just to see if that did anything, but no luck. So I think that missing ICE DLLs is the answer. Where's a good spot for these puppies?
  • mes
    mes California
    I would try putting them in \WINDOWS\system32 just to see if things start working. You may want to move them later if Apache provides a better alternative (perhaps the same directory as the extension?).

- Mark
  • Getting closer. Apache now reports that it is unable to start the ice module. The error log contains:
    PHP Fatal error: profile `__default__' already exists in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Fatal error: Unable to start ice module in Unknown on line 0

I have rolled back to php 5.0.0 final just to eliminate the variable.
  • mes
    mes California
    How are you configuring the Ice extension? Is it possible that the Ice extension is being configured twice?

- Mark
  • No. I checked php.ini and extension=php_ice.dll appears once. If it matters, the only other enabled extensions are curl and mysql.
  • mes
    mes California
    I'll see if I can reproduce this error. Stay tuned.

- Mark
  • mes
    mes California
    Update

I was able to reproduce this problem with Apache 1.3. I'm still investigating the cause. Meanwhile, you can try using Apache 2 instead. This is the version we used when testing the Ice extension.

Thanks,
    - Mark
  • Thanks for your effort, Mark. Apache 2 really isn't an option as there is no plan for upgrading our production and test servers from 1.3 any time in the near future. Please let me know if you have any luck with this problem.
  • mes
    mes California
    Hi,

I tracked it down to a bug in the Ice extension. I've attached a replacement for php_ice.dll that fixes the problem.

Thanks for reporting this.
    - Mark
  • That did the trick.