Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Release version problem

Hi,

I suffered a strange problem about the release version of my application. The application provides a method in which a statement is a call to libxml's function. It works fine in debug mode but a duplicate calling to the method of the application occurs when the libxml's function is called in release mode.

Is ICE incompatible with libxml in release mode?

Regards,

Comments

• Which libxml library is this? And what compiler are you using? If you are using Visual C++, then you must make sure that you use a release version of libxml together with a release version of Ice. I.e., you cannot mix debug and release libraries with Visual C++.
  • I recompiled LibXML with new configure file. The attachment is the configure file.
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    If possible, I'd recommend to use /MD instead of /MT when building this DLL. All Ice DLLs are built with /MD (release) or /MDd (debug).

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • Yes, I modify the configure but still failed. The new configure file is attached.
  • I have resolved the problem. Thanks a lot for your suggestions.
  • Could you let us know what the problem actually was? It would be useful in case someone else comes across this too.

Thanks,

Michi.
  • Of course. Maybe I can upgrade to senior member:cool: .

I modified the config.msvc. Set 'WITH_THREADS' to 'yes'. Set 'DEBUG' to '0'. Set 'CRUNTIME' to '/MD'. That's all.

Regards,