Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

include/IceUtil/Config.h:196: error: `INT64_MIN' was not declared in this scope

Hi :
I found a bug in include/IceUtil/Config.h:196, it's not always occured, but few time will occured. the error is :

In file included from ../../include/IceUtil/Exception.h:13,
from Exception.cpp:10:
../../include/IceUtil/Config.h:196: error: `INT64_MIN' was not declared in this scope
../../include/IceUtil/Config.h:197: error: `INT64_MAX' was not declared in this scope

if I define as following , it's will okay.

#ifndef INT64_MIN
#define INT64_MIN (-(9223372036854775807 ## L)-1)
#endif

#ifndef INT64_MAX
#define INT64_MAX ((9223372036854775807 ## L))
#endif

Comments

• Which compiler is this? I've never seen this error before with any of our supported compilers. In any case, I guess it's a good idea to add these macros, just in case some compiler doesn't define INT64_MIN and INT64_MAX.
  • gcc -v
    Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.3/specs
    Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-thread
    s=posix --disable-checking --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --host=i386-redhat-linux
    Thread model: posix
    gcc version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-20)

I think it isn't relation of compiler, for exmaple , when I include <phonelist.h>, it's okay, but when I include <phonelistI.h> , it will occur this error. I think the bug is in this:

# ifndef __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS
    # define __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS
    # endif
    # include <stdint.h>
    #endif
  • Originally posted by dragzhb
    I think it isn't relation of compiler, for exmaple , when I include <phonelist.h>, it's okay, but when I include <phonelistI.h> , it will occur this error.

That is strange. Presumably, phonelistI.h includes phonelist.h?
    I think the bug is in this:

# ifndef __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS
    # define __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS
    # endif
    # include <stdint.h>
    #endif

Could you post a concrete source file that shows the problem? I'm reluctant to mess with Config.h unless it's really necessary. I'd like to understand what is happening properly first.

Cheers,

Michi.
  • yes , phonelistI.h includes phonelist.h.
    I am feeling strange too. I including phonelist.h is okay , but my company colleague including phonelist.h and with ACE, it will occur this error.

I don't know why ? the source code is very simple . it use slice2cpp to create, I think I don't need to pass source up.

the repeat steps:

create a ice file like this :

#ifndef _DBENGINE_ICE
    #define _DBENGINE_ICE

//#include <contentdata.ice>

module pnote
    {
    sequence<byte> ContentList;

exception ShutDownError
    {
    string reason;
    };

/* DCS 0 - english; 8 - unicode */
    struct DBEngineData
    {
    long ID;
    //string PhoneNo;
    //short GroupID;
    //short RuleID;
    bool ContentFlag;
    //short ContentID;
    short DCS;
    ContentList Content;
    };

interface DBEngineHome
    {
    ["ami", "amd"] nonmutating DBEngineData find(long ID,string strPhoneNo) throws ShutDownError;
    };

};

#endif _DBENGINE_ICE

the use following command to create file.

dbengineI.cpp:$(top_srcdir)/slice/dbengine.ice
    slice2cpp --impl $(ICE_FLAGS) $(top_srcdir)/slice/dbengine.ice --output-dir $(top_srcdir)/src/web

Note:
    It's not always occur this error , but have few time.
  • I had another look, and I can't find anything wrong with our code. I suspect that one of the ACE headers is messing with the symbol definitions.
    I'd rather leave things as they are at the moment, in the absence of a clear idea of what is actually happening. If you can reproduce this reliably in a small, self-contained example, that would be great -- it would allow us at least to figure exactly why you are getting this problem.

Cheers,

Michi.
  • I suspect that one of the ACE headers is messing with the symbol definitions.
    I tihnk so too .
    But I can't reproduce this reliably in a small, self-contained example, beacuse this problem found by my colleague and he has used many package that I don't know.

I found this problem too, but I can't reproduce it now. If I found it too, I will upload it.

But I think it's very simple to add this MICRO and it don't effect other file and it looks like more portable.