Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

how to create a icepatch2 Server using python?

thanks.

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    jeylee wrote:
    thanks.

Sorry, I don't understand your question. Do you mean you want to access an IcePatch2 server using Python? Or want to implement an IcePatch2 server in Python?

Regards, Matthew
  • matthew wrote:
    Sorry, I don't understand your question. Do you mean you want to access an IcePatch2 server using Python? Or want to implement an IcePatch2 server in Python?

Regards, Matthew

I want to access an IcePatch2 server using Python and implement an IcePatch2 server in Python.can you give me some examples?

Thanks.
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    jeylee wrote:
    I want to access an IcePatch2 server using Python and implement an IcePatch2 server in Python.can you give me some examples?

Thanks.

Sorry, but there are no python examples of accessing the IcePatch2 server. The slice definitions for the IcePatch2 server are distributed in slice/IcePatch2. Using these definitions you can access the IcePatch2 server like any Ice object.

There is a C++ example in the Windows distribution in demo/IcePatch2/MFC. The command line IcePatch2 client is written in C++ and can be found in the source distribution in src/IcePatch2/Client.cpp. You can use this as a guide if you want to write a python version.

As for implementing an IcePatch2 server in python the simplest approach would be to look at the C++ server implementation. However, I don't understand why you'd want to do this... The python implementation wouldn't be any more portable since the IcePy extension uses the C++ Ice library and the implementation would be slower than the one that has already been provided.

Regards, Matthew