Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

IceStorm in Ice 2.1.1 Release

I have written as publisher and subscriber program that makes use of Ice Storm Services.

The Ice Code is very Simple. Its the same as the Ice Storm Demo that comes with the source. The only difference is that the tick function is modified to as tick(std::string&, aaCollection&). The publisher will then call the function at a regular interval of 1 sec, passing a few records in the collection.

In the previous release of Ice (2.1.0), I was able to run the publisher and subscriber with ice storm. But after I switched to the newer 2.1.1 (redoing the slice, recompiling both prgrams), the PC will hang after a couple of minutes.

I am running the programs on is Win2000 Server.

One funny thing is that when I run the program on XP Professional, it did not hang, but gives me memory exceptions once in a while.

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    I have written as publisher and subscriber program that makes use of Ice Storm Services.

The Ice Code is very Simple. Its the same as the Ice Storm Demo that comes with the source. The only difference is that the tick function is modified to as tick(std::string&, aaCollection&). The publisher will then call the function at a regular interval of 1 sec, passing a few records in the collection.

In the previous release of Ice (2.1.0), I was able to run the publisher and subscriber with ice storm. But after I switched to the newer 2.1.1 (redoing the slice, recompiling both prgrams), the PC will hang after a couple of minutes.

I am running the programs on is Win2000 Server.

One funny thing is that when I run the program on XP Professional, it did not hang, but gives me memory exceptions once in a while.

I'm afraid that without a test case its very difficult for us to help you. If you can provide a self-contained example that demonstrates this problem we'll be more than happy to help.

Regards, Matthew