Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice-2.1.2 on OS X 10.4.2/gcc 4.0

I'm attempting to build Ice 2.1.2 on OS X 10.4.2 using the default compiler settting of GCC 4.0 and I received the following error while building the IceSSL plug-in:
c++ -c -I.. -I../../include  -DICE_SSL_API_EXPORTS  -I/usr/kerberos/include -g -ftemplate-depth-128 -Wall -D_REENTRANT OpenSSLPluginI.cpp
OpenSSLPluginI.cpp: In constructor 'IceSSL::OpenSSLPluginI::OpenSSLPluginI(const IceInternal::ProtocolPluginFacadePtr&)':
OpenSSLPluginI.cpp:189: error: no matching function for call to 'Ice::LocalObject::LocalObject(const void**)'
../../include/Ice/LocalObject.h:27: note: candidates are: Ice::LocalObject::LocalObject()
../../include/Ice/LocalObject.h:27: note:                 Ice::LocalObject::LocalObject(const Ice::LocalObject&)
OpenSSLPluginI.cpp:189: error: no matching function for call to 'Ice::Plugin::Plugin(const void**)'
../../include/Ice/Plugin.h:80: note: candidates are: Ice::Plugin::Plugin()
../../include/Ice/Plugin.h:80: note:                 Ice::Plugin::Plugin(const Ice::Plugin&)
OpenSSLPluginI.cpp:189: error: no matching function for call to 'IceSSL::Plugin::Plugin(const void**)'
../../include/IceSSL/Plugin.h:84: note: candidates are: IceSSL::Plugin::Plugin()
../../include/IceSSL/Plugin.h:84: note:                 IceSSL::Plugin::Plugin(const IceSSL::Plugin&)
make[2]: *** [OpenSSLPluginI.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

However, after using gcc_select and switching the default compiler to gcc 3.3, I was able to compile everything okay. The error message that was emitted from GCC4 was very bizzare since I didn't see where in the code any call to LocalObject()'s constructor was being done, let alone the wrong one. Is this a bug in GCC4?

Comments