Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice 2.1.2 -- Compilation errors with Visual Studio 7.0 (2002)

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile ICE with Visual Studio 7.0, and I'm getting the following error for several cpp files (UdpTransceiver.cpp is just one of them)

UdpTransceiver.cpp
../../include\Ice\Proxy.h(375) : error C2220: warning treated as error - no object file generated
../../include\Ice\Proxy.h(375) : warning C4031: second formal parameter list longer than the first list

I did the following:
- Downloaded the source
- Open the Visual Studio 6.0 workspace
- Set the include directories in Visual Studio
- build the entire solution

Can someone help please?

Thanks,
Giovanni

Comments

• marc
    marc Florida
    We do not support Visual Studio 7.0 anymore, only version 7.1. If you have a commercial need for the 7.0 version, please contact us at sales@zeroc.com.
  • Thanks anyway.

At the moment I'm just evaluating it for an internal distributed application with high performance requirements. The development platform will be Visual C++ 6.0, but, at the moment, the only one I have available is the 7.0.

I think I discovered the problem, but I need to test it to be sure. I'll post the solution in this forum after having tested it.

Giovanni
    marc wrote:
    We do not support Visual Studio 7.0 anymore, only version 7.1. If you have a commercial need for the 7.0 version, please contact us at sales@zeroc.com.