Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Problem with slice2XXX launched from a program ...

Hi,

I currently develop an eclipse plugin for this awesome middleware: Ice ;-)
But this isn't an eclipse tech issue for now ...

In my code (java), I launch a slice2XXX (in Java with Runtime.getRuntime().exec method).
With any other program (make, explorer, ...) it launches the program perfectly but with slice2XXX it doesn't finish and wait as if the process is waiting for input ...

I tried to launch the command "slice2XXX.exe fake.ice", it finishes but whitout any output !

In all cases I have any output ...

Note: in a console, slice2XXX programs work perfectly ...

Any ideas to fix that ?

Comments

• marc
    marc Florida
    The slice2xxx translators call icecpp, which is the C++ preprocessor. Is it in the PATH of the tool?
  • I have yet add "c:\ICE-2.1.2\bin" to the Path Variable Environnment of Windows so it would find icecpp.

But I tried to put icecpp in the same directory of the project and nothing new happens ... I even tried to launch directly the project (in java) from c:\ICE-2.1.2\bin !

No others ideas ? :(
  • marc
    marc Florida
    I'm afraid I have no idea. I'm one of those dinosaurs who still use command line and emacs :)

However, perhaps this post will help you:

http://www.zeroc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1347

There are other posts about eclipse in these forums--just use the search function.
  • I'm one of those dinosaurs who still use command line and emacs

Oh ! So sorry for you ! :-)

In fact, I just elucitated one problem concerning the output: All slice2XXX output is redirect to the err stream ...

And it seems that I have no more problem ... cool I can continue the eclipse plugin.
    For now, I have already code a syntax coloring in Eclipse for .ice files and now the computing of slice under Eclipse.