Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

document inconsistent?

"To facilitate use of the proxy style of object identity, each object’s identity and proxy must be registered. This can be done programmatically by the server, administratively using the IcePack command-line tool described in Section 35.7, or automatically using the IcePack deployment mechanism discussed in Section 35.8."

In the document 35.4.4, I see above statement, especially "This can be done programmatically by the server". But I also see below in B.35

"The LocatorRegistry interface is intended to be used by Ice internals and by locator implementations. Regular user code should not attempt to use any functionality of this interface directly."

It really confuse me, what should I do in order to register an proxy by object identity to IcePack Registry from a server program?

Thanks,
Rong.

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    You need to use the IcePack::Admin interface. For example, you can do something like the following:
    // C++
    #include <IcePack/Admin.h>

Ice::ObjectPrx proxy = ... /* proxy to register */
    IcePack::AdminPrx admin = IcePack::AdminPrx::checkedCast(communicator->stringToProxy("IcePack/Admin"));
    admin->addObject(proxy);

We'll fix the manual to mention the IcePack::Admin interface, thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Benoit.
  • ok, that's what I need :)

Thanks,
    Rong.