Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

IceSSL for C#/.NET

kwaclaw
kwaclaw Oshawa, Canada
Are there any plans to add IceSSL for C#/.NET?

Karl

Comments

• It wouldn't be hard to add, but at present, we don't have any commercial customers who require it (and our development priorities are of course driven by the needs of our commercial customers). If you have a commercial need for this feature, please contact us at info@zeroc.com.
  • kwaclaw
    kwaclaw Oshawa, Canada
    Workaround for .NET 2.0
    marc wrote:
    It wouldn't be hard to add, but at present, we don't have any commercial customers who require it (and our development priorities are of course driven by the needs of our commercial customers). If you have a commercial need for this feature, please contact us at info@zeroc.com.

I was actually able to build an SSL plugin for C# under .NET 2.0, using Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2. It works with the hello and throughput demos, but needs more testing. I based it on how the TcpConnector, TcpAcceptor, TcpTransceiver and TcpEndpoint classes work. I also had a look at the Java plugin.

One major disadvantage is that the new SslStream class in .NET 2.0 only works with blocking sockets, which ICE is not normally using for performance reasons. A proper solution would probably have to use OpenSSL.

If anyone is interested I am willing to share.

IceCS is not hard to build under .NET 2.0, only a few minor changes
    have to be made to the sources.

Karl