Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Freeze can support Oracle?I hope

I want to use freeze and I wish freeze supports Oracle,MayBe?

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    No it does not. Since it currently only saves binary data putting the information in Oracle would be useless.

Why do you want to use Oracle anyway?
  • when I use freeze
    matthew wrote:
    No it does not. Since it currently only saves binary data putting the information in Oracle would be useless.

Why do you want to use Oracle anyway?

when I use freeze, I wish , Sqlite replaces of Berkeley DB ,how to do?
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    You cannot. But why would you want to?
  • matthew wrote:
    You cannot. But why would you want to?

because Berkeley DB don't support SQL.
    I want,use a kind of database accessed with SQL.

SQL SQL SQL
    I love SQL.
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    As I said in my first reply Freeze doesn't support an SQL encoding of the data. Therefore, it doesn't make any sense to put the raw binary data in an SQL database since you cannot use SQL queries on the data.

It is possible to do a version of Freeze that does encode the data in a SQL data database. However, its non trivial so we don't want to undertake this unless we have a commercial customer that needs this. If you have a commercial need please contact sales@zeroc.com.
  • matthew wrote:
    As I said in my first reply Freeze doesn't support an SQL encoding of the data. Therefore, it doesn't make any sense to put the raw binary data in an SQL database since you cannot use SQL queries on the data.

It is possible to do a version of Freeze that does encode the data in a SQL data database. However, its non trivial so we don't want to undertake this unless we have a commercial customer that needs this. If you have a commercial need please contact sales@zeroc.com.

there are a Sql database engine about C++ in my department,but it's Client/Server arithecture.Last I write simplely Browser/Server Database engine with ICE.
    But I hope ICE have native technique about sql database engine.
    I think, ice don't look up at the aspect.
    thus this is wrong method and not advisability.
  • I am sorry that Freeze don't support Oracle?

I known ice freeze,but freeze can't support oracle,I am sorry!