Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

May I mirror the sources

Hello,

I'm a maintainer of FreeBSD port of PyIce. Due to some network inconsistency the site www.zeroc.org was unreachable to our testing servers for a couple of hours. Hence I had to mark the port as "broken, the sources are temporarily unavailable". Usually the FreeBSD team uses a minimum of two sites to download the souces from.

My question is: may I mirror the sources at my site and show that URL at Makefile along with that of www.zeroc.com?

Thank you.

Comments

• bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hi Boris,

Our web server was actually down because of hurricane Wilma. Most of South Florida is still without power, including our office in Palm Beach Gardens; fortunately www.zeroc.com is now back online.

To answer your question: yes, you can mirror our source distributions (and binary distributions if you like). Please include a link to www.zeroc.com on your download page, and make clear that these Ice distributions are released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • Hi Bernard,

Thank you for your quick answer in spite of...
    bernard wrote:
    Our web server was actually down because of hurricane Wilma. Most of South Florida is still without power, including our office in Palm Beach Gardens; fortunately www.zeroc.com is now back online.
    ... We all wish you, all of ZeroC team and all who suffered from Wilma to recover as quickly as you can and with minimum losses.
    bernard wrote:
    To answer your question: yes, you can mirror our source distributions (and binary distributions if you like). Please include a link to www.zeroc.com on your download page, and make clear that these Ice distributions are released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
    OK. Thanks, I'll do it.