Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

IceGridGui start - ClassNotFoundException

When I execute IceGridGui on my WindowsXP:
java -jar IceGridGUI.jar

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jgoodies.looks.plastic.PlasticXPLookAndFeel Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Ice/Local
Exception
        at IceGrid.AdminGUI.<init>(AdminGUI.java:96)
        at IceGrid.AdminGUI.createAndShowGUI(AdminGUI.java:147)
        at IceGrid.AdminGUI.access$000(AdminGUI.java:29)
        at IceGrid.AdminGUI$1.run(AdminGUI.java:74)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I have on my computer JRE 5.0 Update 5.

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

I will look into this, however, could you please let me know how you have installed Ice? Did you install it from the installer or did you compile it yourself from the source distribution?

Thanks,

Benoit.
  • Hmmm... running it with JRE 1.5.0_05 (WinXP) seems to work without problems. Apart from that, the 'PlasticXPLookAndFeel' is part of the JGoodies library. Maybe you can just include its JARs into your classpath?

Using 1.4.2 b28 (again, WinXP) results in:

C:>java -jar IceGruidGUI.jar
    Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: The system cannot find the file specified
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:112)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:127)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:65)

Cheers,
    Mobi.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    It looks like there's an issue with the IceGridGUI.jar included in the Ice 3.0.0 installer for Visual Studio .NET 2003. We will look into this. In the meantime, you can either download and install the Visual Studio 6.0 installer or the IceJ-3.0.0 source distribution, both include a working IceGruidGUI.jar (in Ice-3.0.0-VC60\bin for the Visual Studio 6.0 installer, and in IceJ-3.0.0\lib for the IceJ source distribution).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Benoit.
  • benoit wrote:
    It looks like there's an issue with the IceGridGUI.jar included in the Ice 3.0.0 installer for Visual Studio .NET 2003. We will look into this. In the meantime, you can either download and install the Visual Studio 6.0 installer or the IceJ-3.0.0 source distribution, both include a working IceGruidGUI.jar (in Ice-3.0.0-VC60\bin for the Visual Studio 6.0 installer, and in IceJ-3.0.0\lib for the IceJ source distribution).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Benoit.

Well, I actually have used the VC6.0 installer with my tests... :confused:
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Sorry for the confusion Mobiwan, I was replying to the first poster.

I haven't been able to reproduce your problem (the java.util.zip.ZipException). The VC60 IceGridGUI.jar works fine for me with J2SE 1.4.2_07. Could you try to upgrade your J2SE 1.4.2 installation and see if this solves the problem?

Thanks,
    Benoit.
  • J2SE 1.4.2-b28 does the job!

Cheers,
    Mobi.
  • Hi,

A new installer for Ice-3.0.0 for Visual Studio .Net 2003 containing a fixed IceGridGUI.jar is now available for download.

Terribly sorry for the inconvenience!

Brent