Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Debugging Ice server or service

Hi,

in time I had Ice 2.1.2, when I executed my Ice application server in debugger and my code threw exception, debugger stoped application and showed exception.

In Ice 3.0.0 Ice catch this exception and shows it in console. The problem is, that I can not see the "application context" (variables,...) in place, where the exception occurs.

Is there any way, how can I Ice application server or IceBox service debug in debugger so debugger shows exceptions?

Thank you

Comments

• bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hi Michal,

I suspect this is a debugger configuration issue. For example with Visual Studio, you can break each time a C++ exception is raised, however that's not the default.
    It would be useful to mention your compiler / OS / debugger environment.

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • than you,

I use Windows XP, VS 2005 (or Microsoft CLR debugger), C#. So I can set somewhere to stop each time exception is raised? I can not find where to set it, do you know?

Thanks
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Ice for C# is not yet supported with Visual Studio 2005 (or .NET 2.0); see http://www.zeroc.com/platforms.html.

So it's not surprising you're encountering problems; I'd advise to stay with .NET 1.1 until we support this new version.

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • Hi,

I think this is not "platform problem" and I use Ice with C# 2.0 with Ice from June and I didn't find any C# 2.0 specific problem, because it is backward compatible (I think).