Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Pb with installation directories including space in name

I have just setup Ice 3.0.0 in "C:\Program Files\Ice3.0.0\" which is the right location for a program under WinXP. But when I did try to run the democs example, I run into a problem related to the space in the directory name (between Program and File).

It would be nice if Ice could be installed into the expected directory without running into such issues.

Thanks in advance,
Joannes

Comments

• Thanks for the bug report! I've tried a similar scenario that also runs into problems. Can you send along an example of the build error output so we can make sure that we are looking at the same problem?

Cheers,

Brent
  • beagles wrote:
    Thanks for the bug report! I've tried a similar scenario that also runs into problems. Can you send along an example of the build error output so we can make sure that we are looking at the same problem?

Sorry, I did re-install the Ice without keeping a copy of the problem. Basically I remember 32 build errors with code 9009 on the VS build of democs. The problem was that "C:\Program Files\Ice3.0.0" was parsed as two arguments instead of one.