Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

ConnectionLostException on Ice.ObjectAdapterI.addRouter

hi,

i'm working on callback throught glacier.
i get a ConnectionLostException within Ice.ObjectAdapterI.addRouter.

i think it must be some kind of miss-configuration.

stacktrace:
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:18:43 GMT : Exception cought: Ice.ConnectionLostException: ConnectionLostException
                                    error = 0
                                   at IceInternal.ProxyFactory.checkRetryAfterException(LocalException ex, Reference ref, Int32 cnt) in c:\src\vc71\stage\IceCS-3.0.0\src\Ice\ProxyFactory.cs:line 146
                                   at Ice.ObjectPrxHelperBase.handleException__(LocalException ex, Int32 cnt) in c:\src\vc71\stage\IceCS-3.0.0\src\Ice\Proxy.cs:line 670
                                   at Ice.RouterPrxHelper.getServerProxy(Context context__) in c:\src\vc71\stage\IceCS-3.0.0\src\Ice\generated\Router.cs:line 140
                                   at Ice.RouterPrxHelper.getServerProxy() in c:\src\vc71\stage\IceCS-3.0.0\src\Ice\generated\Router.cs:line 123
                                   at IceInternal.RouterInfo.getServerProxy() in c:\src\vc71\stage\IceCS-3.0.0\src\Ice\RouterInfo.cs:line 102
                                   at Ice.ObjectAdapterI.addRouter(RouterPrx router) in c:\src\vc71\stage\IceCS-3.0.0\src\Ice\ObjectAdapterI.cs:line 544

thanks alot

tom

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi Tom,

What is the configuration of your Glacier2 router and your client?

Please make sure that the client Ice.Default.Router property uses the same endpoints as the ones specified with the Glacier2.Client.Endpoints property. This might be the reason for this exception if the endpoints don't match in both properties.

Benoit.
  • Hi Benoit,

thanks for your help.
    i don't use Ice.Default.Router - instead the router is created
    programmatically.
    but the configurations of glacier and client do match.

non-callback operations work without problem.
    i simply cannot ::addRouter()!

i did turn on protocoltracing at glacier and found following printout:
    [ c:/ice-3.0.0/bin/glacier2router.exe: Protocol: received request
      message type = 0 (request)
      compression status = 0 (not compressed; do not compress response, if any)
      message size = 58
      request id = 1
      identity = Glacier2/router
      facet =
      operation = getServerProxy
      mode = 1 (nonmutating)
      context =  ]
    [ c:/ice-3.0.0/bin/glacier2router.exe: Protocol: sending reply
      message type = 2 (reply)
      compression status = 0 (not compressed; do not compress response, if any)
      message size = 51
      request id = 1
      reply status = 2 (object not exist)
      identity = Glacier2/router
      facet =
      operation = getServerProxy ]

thx

tom
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    I suspect your client is establishing another connection to the Glacier2 router and since there's no session associated to the connection the router rejects the call.

To confirm this, can you enable network and protocol tracing on the client with Ice.Trace.Network=1 and Ice.Trace.Protocol=1 and also enable some tracing on the router with Glacier2.Client.Trace.Reject=1?

You could also stringify the router proxies in your client and check that the endpoints of the proxy match the ones configured for the Glacier2 router client endpoints.

Benoit.
  • Thanks a lot!

You are right - i was trying to add the router before creating a session.

thanks alot

tom