Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

icepatch2calc's problem

I build the ice-3.0.0 on vs2005,all the binaries work well except icepatch2calc.

When I run the icepatch2 demo, the command "icepatch2calc .",it crashed.

I thought there was something wrong with libbz2.dll,but the test of libbz works well. The only problem is the icepatch2calc.
My environment is WinXP + SP2 + VS2005.

Maybe it's a bug.

Anyone can help me??
thanks!

Comments

• Thanks for the bug report. VS 2005 is currently not supported--it was released only a few days before Ice 3.0, so we didn't get a chance to make sure that everything would work with VS 2005. We are working on adding support for VS 2005, and we'll have a look at the problem you found, thanks!

Cheers,

Michi.
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Could you give more details about this crash? I am unable to reproduce it.

Did you build all third-party as described here?
    http://www.zeroc.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=8155&postcount=8

Did you run the test suite?

Best regards,
    Bernard
  • Hi,michi
    after i building ice-3.0.0 by vs2005, all the tests passed.You know, the test doesn't include icepatch2.
    thank you any way.
  • Hi,bernard
    I only build the third-party's release edition.I have run the bzlibz's example,openssl's test and expat's example.All passed.
    Of course, i have embeded all the generated manifests by vs2005 into the binaries.
  • Hi,bernard
    I only build the third-party's release edition.I have run the bzlibz's example,openssl's test and expat's example.All passed.
    Of course, i have embeded all the generated manifests by vs2005 into the binaries.

I even forgot!
    Merry Christmas!!
  • I have solved this problem!
  • rwxybh wrote:
    I have solved this problem!

So what was the problem?
  • Hi,Marc

the problem is I have built the third-party with a different run time library.