Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice and TC65

Hello!
I´m working with the modem Siemens TC 65 (a modem that allow to run j2me aplications) and I´m trying to use Ice with J2ME. Have you made tests with it?
I have a problem with the acces to other IPs using Ice. I think that is because the profile connection. You have to fix it with the At command:
AT^SJNET. In theory this command will be:
at^sjnet="gprs","airtelwap.es","wap\5C\30\30wap","wap125"
but it doesn´t work. Do you know how can I solve this problem?

Thanks

Comments

• dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    Hi,

Are you using Ice or Ice-E?

Regards,
    Dwayne
  • I´m using Ice-E

Hello, I´m using Ice-E
    thanks
  • Pretty cool device! Just think... ice trucks, pop machines with ice, etc. ;) (sorry, couldn't resist!)

However, what you are having is a device and GPRS network configuration issue and not really an Ice problem. I recommend contacting your wireless provider and Siemens for technical support.

You might want to also check on the Java APIs supported by the device's JVM. The promo materials indicate that J2ME CLDC 1.1 and IMP 2.0. After a quick check, I cannot find an actual IMP 2.0 specification anywhere. I am guessing that IMP 2.0 implies IMP-NG, in which case IceE for Java might "just work". It really depends on how much of the MIDP 2.0 networking APIs have been implemented in your device and the nature of their implementation. As you might expect, we've encountered some differences in behaviors amongst different devices that aren't precisely specified by the standards.

Cheers.