Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

UnmarshalOutOfBoundsException

Greetings,

I've trouble with exception raising and catching. I'm sure, that both the server and the client use the same definitions of the raised exceptions. But still, on the client side I see UnmarshalOutOfBoundsException exception instead of an exception declared by me.

I use Ice 3.0.0, have exception.ice with the declaration of the exception and test.ice with method that raise the exception. As I know, exception is raised properly on the server side, but the client side, cannot find class to reraise the exception. Perhaps, I've not properly initialized the client side. Any hint would be appreciated.

regards,
Xlinthisias

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Welcome to the forum.

Please update your signature as described in this post regarding our support policy.

Thanks,
    - Mark
  • Hello,

thanks for the tip. I've filled up the signature with requested data.

regards,
    Xlinthisias
  • mes
    mes California
    Thanks.

If you're sure that both client and server are using code that was generated from the same Slice definitions, the quickest way for us to help you is to see a small, self-contained code example that exhibits the problem. Attach a ZIP file containing the example to a post here on the forum, and we'll try to find the problem.

Take care,
    - Mark
  • Hello,

I downloaded the sample test project, mentioned about.

Regards,
    Xlinthisias
  • mes
    mes California
    Hi,

Since you used the java:package metadata to alter the default package, you need to run your client with the following configuration:

Ice.Default.Package=dist.dj.protocol

You can find more information about this in the Ice manual.

Take care,
    - Mark
  • Hello,

thank you for solving this problem. I could spent few days, before I would figure out, that the problem was the default package settings.

Regards,
    Xlinthisias