Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

problem with server connect client(in a private network)

In the same network,i can make a server to callback on the client.so what about different network?
Server host is in a public network with the ip address 202.103.11.12,
client host is in a private network with the ip address 192.168.1.168.
Client host can connect server host via a router,the lan port ip of the router is 192.168.1.1 and the wan port ip is 202.103.11.11.
First ,client host obtain the proxy of the server object to connect server host ,the server host receive the ip address of the client is 192.168.1.168,but server host ip 202.103.11.12 is can not connect the client host ip 192.168.1.168.because a router isolate them.
Now,how do i make server host to callback on the client host? Can i use ice resolve this problem?
appreciate your help.

Name:YuQiao
the university of wuhan in china

Project:working with VC++6.0 and I will use Ice to comunicate with a server.The project is a management software 0f terminal resource;
http://www.whu.edu.cn

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    You can either use a bidir connection from the client (private network) to the server (public network) so that the server talks over the same connection the client, or you can poke a hole in the firewall and forward this port to the server in the private network. If you go for the latter approach you need to set the property <name>.PublishedEndpoints property to point at the firewall. You can find some information on this in the Ice manual, and in issue 2 & 3 of Connections (http://www.zeroc.com/newsletter).
  • What is a bidir connection?hardware?

You can either use a bidir connection from the client (private network) to the server (public network) so that the server talks over the same connection the client.
    pls go into particular.
    Thanks
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    If you have specific questions about bidir then I would happy to answer them. For details on bidirectional connections you should read the Ice manual. You may also want to check out demo/Ice/bidir. For details on Glacier2 you can also read the Ice manual, or the articles I wrote in Connections.
  • thank you very much

I am very happy to tell you that my trouble have been resolved