Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Is ICE compatible with MFC?

I make a based MFC program,just only add two files(Printer.cpp and printer.h) that was create by compile the file of Printer.ice into this project.
then,compile this project,but reports an error.
e:\servermfc\printer.cpp(825) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive.

I do know whether ICE is compatible with MFC.
appreciate for help.

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Yes. There are other threads in this forum on exactly this topic. You can also look at the MFC demos included with the Ice distribution -- demo/Ice/MFC/...

I will be presenting a series of articles in Connections about integrating Ice with GUI toolkits (in particular Trolltech's Qt) and the problems that occur -- starting with the next edition. The compilation error that you are encountering is the least of your worries :)
  • Hi YuQiao,

This error is due to the use of precompiled headers, switched on by default in MFC projects.

You have two options: deactivate the use of precompiled headers (in Printer.cpp or the whole project) or telling slice2cpp to generate the corresponding #include <stdafx.h> with --add-header (Ice 3.x+, see docs).

Hope that helps.

Mario
  • Thank you very much !!