Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Why does the following assertion raise?

Hi,
In my application, I have encountered with the following problem:

ConnectionMonitor.cpp:65: virtual IceInternal::ConnectionMonitor::~ConnectionMonitor(): Assertion `!_instance' failed.

This raises about 3 times in my application in the past 8 months, and I can not catch that causes this problem?

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

It sounds a like a bug in Ice. Thanks for reporting this! On which platform did this occur and which Ice version did you use?

The assert() might have caused a core file to be created in the directory where the server was running. Did you keep this core file by any chance? If you still have the core file, could you get the stack trace of the assert with the debugger and post it here on the forum? This would help to track down this problem.

Thanks,

Benoit.
  • Thanks for your reply!
    I am using Ice-3.0.1 on RedHat As 4.1 system. I also get this problem when I have been using Ice-2.1.2 on the same system. I can not find the core file.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Could you check if your environment is setup to create core files? You can enable core file with the ulimit command:
      $ ulimit -c unlimited

To check if core files are enabled you can just use "ulimit -c" without extra arguments.

Thanks,

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • ok,
    I've set the setting, and restart my application. If the problem occurs again, I'll post the core to you. Thanks again.