Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Tao V Ice

CORBA Vs ICE It is well documented and discussed but do the problems with CORBA apply to all the implementations?

For example, doesn't TAO fix the memory leak and lack of standard library support? What about other areas where ZeroC claim ICE is far better than CORBA - do they apply to TAO?

Comments

• marc
    marc Florida
    I think it would be best if you post this question in the TAO mailing list, i.e., what extensions TAO has over "regular" CORBA. As for Ice vs. CORBA in general, this has been discussed extensively already. I really don't want to start this discussion again, as it will most likely result in yet another flame war. Finally, the best advice I can give to you, is to try both TAO and Ice, and to judge for yourself.
  • marc wrote:
    I think it would be best if you post this question in the TAO mailing list, i.e., what extensions TAO has over "regular" CORBA. As for Ice vs. CORBA in general, this has been discussed extensively already. I really don't want to start this discussion again, as it will most likely result in yet another flame war. Finally, the best advice I can give to you, is to try both TAO and Ice, and to judge for yourself.

Ok, sorry. Actually, I am evaluating TAO and ICE but as usual I was trying to get some quick answers!