Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Date of the ICE supporting C# for .NET 2.0

Hi,
I wonder, whether the date of the next release, supporting the C# .NET 2.0 is known already. If so, please, share your knowledge.

Support for the .NET 2.0 in ICE is what I anticipate most of all, for the system I'm engaged in uses MS SQL 2005 (with all those CLR-based processings) and GUI is written in VS 2005 (C#)... It would be simply great to have all components targeting the same version of .NET

Thanks in advance,
Dmitry.

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi Dmitry,

We will support .NET 2.0 in the next major release (i.e., Ice 3.1), but we don't have an estimated release date yet. If I had to guess, I would say within two months, but don't hold me to it. :)

Take care,
    - Mark
  • mes wrote:
    Hi Dmitry,

We will support .NET 2.0 in the next major release (i.e., Ice 3.1), but we don't have an estimated release date yet. If I had to guess, I would say within two months, but don't hold me to it. :)

Take care,
    - Mark

Thank you, Mark. Two months would be lovely, of course :-)
  • Hi Guys,

Like Dmitry I am very interested in some guidance as to when the release of ICE 3.1 might occur (so I could use ICE with C# .NET 2.0).

I am totally aware that that is a hard question to answer but some very general statements (i.e. within a month, 3 months, 6 months) would help me enormously plan what to do.

Very grateful,
  • marc
    marc Florida
    Welcome to our forums!

Please see this post regarding our support and general information policy here on these forums.
  • marc
    marc Florida
    Ice 3.1 will most likely be released within the next 3 months.
  • Thank you very much for the answer, sorry that my signature did not meet posting rules.