Programming Ice in Real-Time

YosYos Member Jose FernandezOrganization: University of Malaga (Spain)Project: Comparision between Ice VS Corba
which are the features that has Ice for programming in Real-Time?

Is it its documentation in DP with ICE?

Comments

• marcmarc FloridaAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Marc LaukienOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: The Internet Communications Engine ZeroC Staff
    Ice doesn't have any specific realtime features, other than being "real fast". Realtime also means different things to different people. What features are you looking for?
  • YosYos Member Jose FernandezOrganization: University of Malaga (Spain)Project: Comparision between Ice VS Corba
    Realtime system

I'm looking for a feature that it allows me build programs and applications where i can establish different priorities to the process. Any feature related with the standard posix 1003.1b, where a system must carry out with some restrictions in time (A hard realtime system). Something like RT-CORBA for make a comparision.

Thanks
  • YosYos Member Jose FernandezOrganization: University of Malaga (Spain)Project: Comparision between Ice VS Corba
    another the question

After sometime :) i think that i have find out the answer:

Ice supports concurrency with threads, mutex, recursive mutex, variable condition.... But doesn`t support priorities in threads. If i want to use that i must to use Ice-E.

Is correct the assert???

In this case, can i test it in personal computer or is needed use a mobile or pda device???

thank you
  • dwaynedwayne St. John's, NewfoundlandMember Dwayne BooneOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Internet Communications Engine
    That is correct, Ice does not currently support thread priorities. For Ice-E you do not require a mobile device as Ice-E supports builds on Windows and Linux as well.