Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

How do I use Ice to process stream

Hi ,I am trying to use ice3.01 as the middware to construct a fax system, I have read your documents and can't got info about how to convey stream(such as file) suitably, you known , all the things should be OOP, then I defined sequence<byte> to represent file stream to be conveyed, but I know I have to restrict size to some low limitation such as 2M, because one file data is in one sequence<byte> instance(in mem), of course I have some solutions to settle this issue but all that I feel not satisfied (such as call back,data transferring object......), so I want consult your opinions cordially.

the former project I used TFTP to transfer files, but this is not OOP style, Ice is an ORPC solution, so I believe there are excellent ways indeed belonging ice.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Welcome to the forum! Before we can provide you with assistance please fill out your signature information as detailed in the post contained in the link in my signature.
  • signature

Ok, I have done
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    In order to really help I'd need to know more about your use-case. However, for general advice you should look at the newsletter FAQ at http://www.zeroc.com/faq/fileTransfer.html. In addition, you might want to look at the design of the MP3 encoder in the IceGrid section of the Ice manual.

Any more questions, please ask!