Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

log.0000000001 problem!

I use icegrid distribute my test program,In icegrid/registry directory and icegrid/node/servers/UserManager/dbs/ directroy,there is a file named
log.0000000001,it's size is 10M,how is this file produced ?Can I control it's size or disable it?

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

It looks like a BerkeleyDB log file, such logs files are created if you open a Freeze database environment in your server. Does your server open a database environment? What is the configuration of your server?

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Sorry, you also mentioned the log files in the icegrid/registry directory which I suppose is the registry database directory. Log files in this directory are expected -- the registry is using Freeze maps to store information about the deployment.

I don't believe you can disable these log files. However, they should be removed automatically once they are not neccessary anymore. You can tune the IceGrid registry database environment configuration with the Freeze properties described in Appendix C.14 of the Ice manual (the name of the database environment for the registry is "Registry"). For more information on these log files, you can also check the documentation of BerkeleyDB on the Sleepycat website: http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/toc.html

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • How to tune the IceGrid registry database environment configuration ?

I'd checked the documentation of BerkeleyDB ,it tune size of log by setting set_lg_max property,but how to tune the IceGrid registry database environment configuration with the Freeze properties?
    Actually,when run
    icegridnode --Ice.Config=config.icegrid --warn
    in db/icegrid/registry directory,log.0000000001 has been there,
    thus,should I tune the IceGrid registry database environment configuration in config.icegrid or chatapp-singlenode.xml?How to tune it ?thanks !

Regards
    ewiniar
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

The IceGrid registry configuration is in the config.icegrid file. The XML files contain the configuration of your own applications. However, you can't put BerkeleyDB properties in the IceGrid registry configuration file, the registry wouldn't understand them.

To set BerkeleyDB properties for the registry database environment, you should add a file named DB_CONFIG in the registry database environment directory (db/icegrid/registry). See here for more information on this file.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Thanks!

Thanks Benoit,I see,You got that right,now I can define the size of log,
    Thanks again!

Regards
    ewiniar