Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

callback and firewall

HELLO,if ice/demo/callback client is at 192.168.0.2,gateway 192.168.0.1/1.2.3.4 and ice/demo/callback server is at public network(5.6.7.8)

how can i modi config file to make client communicate server and sucess callback client object?

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    You either need to redirect the port in the firewall back to your client, or use bi-directional communications. Its probably simplest to use bidir. See the Ice manual and demo/Ice/bidir for an example.
  • marc
    marc Florida
    You can also use Glacier2, our firewall solution. Please refer to the manual for details.
  • thank you ,zeroc stuff
  • sorry
    thank you,zero staff
  • but the ICE MANUAL PDF is only introduce of glacier that server at private network and client at public network,not introduce of glacier that server at public network and client at private network,i only want to modi config file to make client and server commicate.
    how can i modi following config file:
    Callback.Client.CallbackServer=callback:tcp -p 10000:udp -p 10000:ssl -p 10001
    Callback.Client.Endpoints=tcp:udp:ssl
    Callback.Server.Endpoints=tcp -p 10000:udp -p 10000:ssl -p 10001

#Ice.Trace.Network=1
    #Ice.Trace.Protocol=1
    Ice.Warn.Connections=1

Ice.Plugin.IceSSL=IceSSL:create
    IceSSL.Client.CertPath=../../../certs
    IceSSL.Client.Config=sslconfig.xml
    IceSSL.Server.CertPath=../../../certs
    IceSSL.Server.Config=sslconfig.xml
    #IceSSL.Trace.Security=1

server at 5.6.7.8,client at 192.168.0.2,gatway 192.168.0.1/1.2.3.4

thank you zeroc staff:D
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    If you don't want to use Glacier2 for whatever reason then as I said you have two choices:

Poke a hole in the firewall (port forward the port on the firewall to the client, and have the client publish the firewalls address intead of its own -- see the PublishedEndpoints section in the Ice Manual. In the Ice 3.0.1 manual this starts on page 722.

If you don't want to reconfigure your firewall you have to alter your client & server to use bi-directional connections. Again look at the Ice manual for details, and check out the bidir demo (demo/Ice/bidir).
  • can /demo/ice/bidir use udp protocal to through firewall?
  • marc
    marc Florida
    No, it cannot. You can only use TCP/IP or SSL with bi-directional connections (or Glacier, which uses bi-directional connections). We do not have any firewall solution for UDP. If you have a commercial need for such a feature, and would like to sponsor such a development, please contact us at info@zeroc.com.
  • thank you very much