Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice Php

Dear Sir,

I'm very new to ICE. I would like to build the server application in C++ and client in PHP.

Can you please guide me how to configure the ice framework in PHP.

Thank you very much for your earlier resonse.

Regards
Mahmood

Comments

• Re problem

I had copied the dll php_ice.dll from <ICE_HOME>\bin directory to my PHP ext directory. When I starting the apache server , I had got the following error. Please help me out. I'm struggling here to solve this issues.

[21-Jun-2006 13:59:54] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/php/ext/php_ice.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
    in Unknown on line 0
    [21-Jun-2006 13:59:54] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/php/ext/php_ice.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
    in Unknown on line 0
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi and welcome to the forums!

Before we can help you, could you please fill in the information requested [thread=1697]here[/thread] in your signature? Thanks!

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Done...
    UP UP UP
  • mes
    mes California
    This is most likely caused by a missing DLL dependency. There is a section in the file %ICE_HOME%\README.txt that describes the setup procedure for using IcePHP with Apache and lists all of the DLL dependencies.

Let us know if the instructions are not clear.

Take care,
    - Mark
  • Thanks ... I had passed through this issue.

Now I have around 7 ice files. How Do I set up these files into ice.slice properties in php.ini.

Eg: I have 1. a.ice , b.ice and c.ice uses a.ice interface.all the ice files are located in the same directory. How to set up multiple files in the simplest form in ice.slice properties file.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

I believe you should be able to specify multiple Slice files separated with spaces in the ice.slice property, for example:

ice.slice=a.ice b.ice c.ice

However, if c.ice includes a.ice, you shouldn't need to specify it in this property. Also don't forget to specify the -I<slice files directory> option if your slice files includes other slice files.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Thanks ... I had done it already...