Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Missing IcePHP?

Hi,

Is it possible php_ice.dll is missing in the current (3.1.0) release?
Could you also say what version of php it is linked against?

Greetings,
Steven

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi,

The extension DLL is included in the VC60 installer and requires PHP 5.1.4.

We had planned to include it in the VC80 installer, but we discovered that it caused compatibility problems when used with the PHP binary distribution available from php.net. The PHP binary distribution depends on MSVCRT, and we had trouble when we tried to use it with an IcePHP extension built with VC8. As a result, we are building the extension with VC6 and including it in the VC60 installer.

You can install the VC60 and VC80 distributions on the same machine without conflicts, you'll just need to make sure that PHP finds the proper versions of the Ice DLLs.

Take care,
    - Mark
  • Hi Mark,

I found it, but I still have an issue...

In my path i have '%icedir%\bin', where %icedir% refers to c:\ice-3.1.0.
    When putting the php_ice.dll inside the extensions directory, I get a lot of errors about ice31.dll and iceutil31.dll. So I copied them over to the extensiondir... But I'm still getting errors about them. Probably because of php_ice.dll looking towards the binary releases of the VC71 binaries rather then into the own directory.

Do you know how I can solve this so next upgrade it's very easy to do? (until now it was just changing the icedir parameter in the environment variables).

Refering to the VC6 directory this way makes icephp work, but make my development environment go down... But I need them both to work...

Greetings,
    Steven
  • mes
    mes California
    Hi Steven,

What I usually do is copy the necessary Ice DLLs (and don't forget icecpp.exe) to the Web server's directory. For example, using Apache2 I copy the files shown below to the \Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2 directory:
    • ice31.dll
    • iceutil31.dll
    • slice31.dll
    • bzip2.dll
    • icecpp.exe
    • stlport_vc646.dll
    Hope that helps,
    - Mark
  • That's what I also did now, but it's not exactly the same as changing 1 environmental variable ;).

Thanks for the advice anyway!