Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Is Debian or Ubuntu being the official platform in the future?

Do I need to compile ICE for C++ and PHP under Debian or Ubuntu now?

Comments

• I'm not sure I understand your question. Debian and Ubuntu are not officially supported platforms, in the sense that we don't provide installers for them. However, if you compile Ice on either platform, chances are that it will just work.

Cheers,

Michi.
  • sorry,my mother language is not English

Yes,I just want to download install package from zeroC, then key in "install.sh" to install ICE in my Debian Server,or “apt-get install ICE".

Compileing Ice is difficult thing for me.
  • flytod wrote:
    Yes,I just want to download install package from zeroC, then key in "install.sh" to install ICE in my Debian Server?or “apt-get install ICE".

Compileing Ice is difficult thing for me.

If compiling Ice is difficult, how is compiling applications built with Ice going to be, given that Ice is really a set of development frameworks?
  • CatOne wrote:
    If compiling Ice is difficult, how is compiling applications built with Ice going to be, given that Ice is really a set of development frameworks?

It's not difficult to compile ICE on Ubuntu at all. Just need some dev packages which are not installed by default.

Please feel free to contact me if any problems. (Well, I'm not a tech support of ZeroC. :) )