Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

How to modify server properties on the fly?

I found that when I call Admin.updateApplication(...) to update properties of a server, icegridnode always kill the server process first then make the update. Is it possible to modify the properties without touching the running process? I just wanna change the server configuration, and apply it (by mannually restarting server) sometime later.

This really stucked me for some time. Many thanks if anybody could give some clue!

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Could you set your signature? See [thread=1697]this thread[/thread] for details on how to set it.

Thanks,

Benoit.
  • Signature done! :D
    Sorry and pls forgive a newcomer.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

No, it's not possible to prevent a server from being restarted if its descriptor changed. If it's just a property which is updated, I guess not restarting the server could be fine however this might be a little confusing (if you don't know that the server hasn't been restarted and look at its configuration in the registry).

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • I think a better behaviour is to simply mark the state of the server as "out of date" when properties get changed while it's up. What I planned to do is to maintain a timestamp property (the last time properties were changed) for the server, and by comparing it with the server startup time, I can know whether it's out of sync. However, it seems not possible now... :o