Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

about create topic

hi,zeroc staff.When I use IceStorm service to subscribe/pulish topic,I find an interesting question.Can the subscriber be in charge of creating the topics?
I tried to implement this idea,but failed.Maybe there is something wrong with my program.Hope your advice.If necessary,I will post my codes here.
Best regards!

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question. The subscriber can take care of the topic creation if it has access to the IceStorm topic manager object. What failed with your program?

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Thanks for your reply.At first I implemented the example(weather monitor) discripted in the ice decument.It works ok.Then I changed the moniter.ice and add an interface for subscriber to realize creating topics.And also I rewrite the subscribe.cpp which implemented the method to create a topic -weather.Then recompiled them and ok.But when I excute icebox,./publiisher and ./subscriber,the subscriber could not receive anything.But there is no error message and exception.I dont know why?
    Regards!
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    I'm sorry, but from that description I also don't know why :) If you want help you have to give much more information. I would guess that you are publishing to one topic and subscribing, or something similar.