Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice-EJ: problem with the compilation of the sources

Hello,
I'm trying to compile the sources but I get the error copied in the attached image.
It's an "error=2".

I have these environment variables already set (I was developing before with the "standard" version of Ice in c++).

CLASSPATH c:\IceE-1.1.0\bin
slice2javae c:\IceE-1.1.0\bin
icecpp c:\IceE-1.1.0\bin
PATH C:\IceE-1.1.0\bin;%ANT_HOME%\bin;

Both the ANT, and the slice2javae runs correctly.

The JDK is installed, and I can normally run the "java" command.

What can cause this failure?

Thanks in advance

Alberto

Comments

• I am unable to see the attachment with the error message. Did you forget to attach it?
    CLASSPATH c:\IceE-1.1.0\bin
    slice2javae c:\IceE-1.1.0\bin
    icecpp c:\IceE-1.1.0\bin
    PATH C:\IceE-1.1.0\bin;%ANT_HOME%\bin;
    Are these the environment variables you've set?

You need to make sure that slice2javae and icecpp are in a directory on your PATH. You don't need a 'slice2javae' or 'icecpp' environment variable. The CLASSPATH should refer to the actual IceE jar file. For example:

CLASSPATH=c:\IceE-1.1.0\jdk\lib\IceE.jar.

While setting the CLASSPATH is useful for running the demos, etc., you do not need to set it to build the sources.

I recommend reading the INSTALL and README files contained in the IceE distribution. They contain information about IceE and how to build it for the supported environments.
  • My colleagues inform me that they can see your attachment. My security software must be filtering it out.

Did you install the IceE Slice to Java translator? Can it be found in your path? You can confirm it is 'reachable' and working by simply running 'slice2javae' in a console command line.
  • Hi Beagles,
    thanks for your reply.

Those variables that I've previously posted are present in my environment, and was already able run the slice2javae.exe from anywhare, and it's working properly.

As you suggested, I added the CLASSPATH containing the IceE.jar:
    c:\IceEJ-1.1.0\jdk\lib\IceE.jar

Do I have to install the java "normal" version of Ice?

Unfortunately the problem I told you before persists...

Alberto
  • Your error message shows that ant is looking for the slice2javae translator in c:\IceEJ-1.1.0\bin. I suspect you've set ICE_HOME to be "c:\IceEJ-1.1.0". Unset ICE_HOME and try again.
  • GREAT! It works!

You were right :D

Thank you very very much!

Alberto