Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Is there a express way to compile the source with Eclipse in windows?

Hi, there,
Since the Eclipse is becoming more and more popular , it is good thing to work with ICE on it. Is there a express way to compile the ICE source codes in Windows platform with gnu stuff and cygwin besides with visual studio?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

OrNot

Comments

• It seems Ice Guys refused to give me a response. :o Maybe I did not express my meaning clearly. I just wanted to know if it is possible for Ice to provide a make file like make.rule.cygwin for the ICE project? Or, Ice users have other ways to do the same thing ?

Thanks any way.

OrNot
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

No, sorry, the only way to compile Ice right now is to use Visual Studio. However, you're free to use any build system to build your own Ice applications :).

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • hi,
    Could you pls give me some clues on how to do that? So far what I can image is to change the make.rules.linux file name to make.rules.cygwin and try to have a make then modify the file contents if necessary.

Now I have gotten some errors output in the console:

make all
    making all in config
    make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/d/IceWorkspace/Ice-3.1.1/config'
    echo ""

making all in ca
    make[2]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/d/IceWorkspace/Ice-3.1.1/config/ca'
    make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/d/IceWorkspace/Ice-3.1.1/config/ca'
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/d/IceWorkspace/Ice-3.1.1/config'
    making all in src
    make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/d/IceWorkspace/Ice-3.1.1/src'
    making all in IceUtil
    make[2]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/d/IceWorkspace/Ice-3.1.1/src/IceUtil'
    c++ -c -I../../include -DICE_UTIL_API_EXPORTS -I.. -ftemplate-depth-128 -Wall -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -g ConvertUTF.cpp
    ConvertUTF.cpp:1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is position independent)
    In file included from ../IceUtil/ConvertUTF.h:35,
    from ConvertUTF.cpp:53:
    ../../include/IceUtil/Unicode.h:81: error: expected unqualified-id before '&' token
    ../../include/IceUtil/Unicode.h:81: error: expected `,' or `...' before '&' token
    ../../include/IceUtil/Unicode.h:81: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `parameter' with no type
    ../../include/IceUtil/Unicode.h:82: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before "stringToWstring"
    ../../include/IceUtil/Unicode.h:82: error: expected `,' or `;' before "stringToWstring"
    ../../include/IceUtil/Unicode.h:128: error: `std::wstring' has not been declared
    ../../include/IceUtil/Unicode.h:128: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `target' with no type
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/d/IceWorkspace/Ice-3.1.1/src/IceUtil'
    make[2]: *** [ConvertUTF.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/d/IceWorkspace/Ice-3.1.1/src'
    make: *** [all] Error 1

Thanks

OrNot
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

It looks like your compiler doesn't support std::wstring, see also [thread=923]this thread[/thread].

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Thank you very much.

Hope Ice can support cygwin as a generous Xmas' gift to us. After all, we don't want to leave ICE away even if we have no visual studio.
  • marc
    marc Florida
    I'm afraid we have no plans to port Ice to cygwin at this time. As I just wrote in a different thread, if you have a commercial interest in Ice, and would like to sponsor a port to cygwin, please contact us at info@zeroc.com to discuss this.