Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

icepatch2 unicode error

when run the icepatch2 demo F:\Ice-3.1.1-VC60\demo\IcePatch2\MFC\patch, I find that if the patch directory name of client is chinese then there exist a unicode error, else if the patch directory name of client is english then the application can successfully complete. detail information about this error can see the attachments.

thanks in advance!

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    I just tried this with both the command line patch client and the MFC demo.

Here is what I did:
    - I created a directory "x", in that directory I created a file called 中文.
    - I ran icepatch2calc .
    - I ran the icepatch2server
    icepatch2server --IcePatch2.Endpoints="tcp -h 127.0.0.1 -p 10000"
    - Then I ran the MFC client, selected a directory and patched.
    - I then ran the command line client in a seperate directory "y" and patched.
    $ icepatch2client --IcePatch2.Endpoints="tcp -h 127.0.0.1 -p 10000"

This also worked. In both cases I ended up with the file in the destination directory. I ran this test under Windows XP, SP2 and I was using a debug version of Ice compiled with MSVC 6.0 + SP6.

Are you running something other than XP?
  • Thank you for your detailed reply. my question is that if the download directory name of client is chinese (i.e. d:\中文\) then there exist a exception error, else if the download directory name of client is english (i.e. d:\english\) then the application can successfully execute. I upload the Attached Thumbnails again which the important context is drawed with red rectangle.

thanks again
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    I can see that. However, I tested this with a chinese filename and a chinese directory name and both worked... so therefore something must be different between my test setup and yours. Once we discover what that is then we're part of the way towards finding a solution for you.

What operating system are you using and what file system?
  • hi, Matthew. My operating system type is Microsoft Windows XP Professional, version 2002, Service Pack 2, and file system type is ntfs.
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Ok, I just realized I misread your reply -- thanks for the report! I have duplicated your problem and we will look into fixing this for the next release of Ice. Note that this is a bug with the demo not a general bug with IcePatch2.