Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Problem building IceSSL for CS with Visual Studio 2005

Hi,

I have a compilation problem for IceSSL solution.
The error comes from the policy file named "policy.3.1.icesslcs" which is missing.

I double checked the zip package where I downloaded the source files for iceCS but I can not find this file anywhere.

Is it possible to get this missing file?

Comments

• The policy files are created when you compile the Ice for C# distribution.

Can you provide some more detail on the error? Please also describe your development environment (version of Windows, VS distribution, etc.).
  • Ok, but I was wondering if those files where really generated or not(i am not speaking of the dlls generated with mkpolicy.bat), as the policy files are present for the other solution already in the zip file (e.g. policy.3.1.icestormcs for icestorm).

If then how to generate those files ?
    The error message I get when I want to compile the ICESSL solution is the following:

The command ""C:\CORSAIR\zeroc_ice\iceCS\."\config\mkpolicy.bat "%VS80COMNTOOLS%" "C:\CORSAIR\zeroc_ice\iceCS\src\IceSSL\."\policy.3.1.icesslcs "C:\CORSAIR\zeroc_ice\iceCS\"" exited with code 1.

That is why after a check I was thinking the error come from the fact I miss the file policy.3.1.icesslcs .

I am compiling using visual studio express 2005 on Windows XP Pro.
  • Ah, the file is missing from the downloadable archive. Thanks for pointing this out. We'll provide a patch A.S.A.P.
  • We've updated the source distributions on the website and posted the missing file here. Thanks again for pointing this out and I apologize for the inconvenience.