Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Db_runrecovery Error

Hi,

I am trying the sample program for freeze given in the Ice Manual. And am receiving an error when i try to execute the following line of code.

connection = Freeze::createConnection(communicator, "db");

Error on my console window is as follows:

"No Such File or directory"

Throws an DataBaseException with message "DbEnv::open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery"

Could you help me out of this.

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep

Comments

• dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    You need to create a directory named "db", to match the envName paramater you are passing to createConnection, in the directory you are running your application. This directory is not automatically created for you.

Regards,
    Dwayne
  • Thanks for the reply.

But I do have the folder named "db" existing where my application exe resides. It is also creating 3 files inside that, but throwing the errors
  • dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    Is what you show above the complete error message? Does it not indicate the name of the file that cannot be found?

Regards,
    Dwayne
  • It does show,these many lines of error

Berkeley DB: DbEnv "db": db: No Such file or directory
    Berkeley DB: DbEnv "db": db:\log.00000000001: No Such file or directory
    Berkeley DB: DbEnv "db": PANIC: No such file or directory ]
    Berkeley DB: DbEnv "db": PANIC: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
    Berkeley DB: DbEnv "db": db: No Such file or directory
  • All these error messages indicates that the directory "db" is missing.
    pradeep wrote: »
    But I do have the folder named "db" existing where my application exe resides. It is also creating 3 files inside that, but throwing the errors

The directory "db" must exist wherever you start your application. This doesn't necessarily have to be the location of your executable.