Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Setting RetryIntervals below application level

Is it possible to set the concept of Ice.RetryIntervals at a more fine-grained level than just for the application? That is, can I somehow specify them on a particular proxy or connection?

Thanks,
Caleb

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    You create a new proxy with a given timeout by calling ice_timeout on an existing proxy. See the Ice manual for details.
  • Right, but timeouts and retrys are different things, no? For example, if I set Ice.RetryIntervals to "0 500 1500" then I get three retry attempts, whereas with ice_timeout() I'm only explicitly setting a timeout for one attempt.

I guess what I'm wondering is if I can do a "AdapterName.RetryIntervals=xxx" so I can set it at a more fine grained level, or if there's a hidden ice_retryIntervals() method for proxies somewhere I'm missing?

Thanks.
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Sorry, you are right -- that's what I get for answering a question before my first coffee :) There is no way to set the retry intervals except on a per-communicator basis.
  • Is there any plan to add this feature ? If so, it seems to be another great feature.